• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Driver side seat belt jammed??

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I installed my rear dome light mod successfully but now it seems my driver side seat belt is jammed.

The only thing I remember doing is popping off the plastic trim piece so I can drop the headliner a bit. I put it back on but now the seat belt is tight and I cannot pull it to put it on. Is there a release pin somewhere on this thing ?

TIA.

If it is parked on a slope, that could be the problem.

If not, then you need to remove the trim and make sure the "roller" is at the correct angle. It is very sensitive. I was "playing around" with a spare and noticed how it would lock up at the slightest angle from what it was designed for.

If it is parked on a slope, that could be the problem.

If not, then you need to remove the trim and make sure the "roller" is at the correct angle. It is very sensitive. I was "playing around" with a spare and noticed how it would lock up at the slightest angle from what it was designed for.

Well its parked in my driveway which is level so that should not be it. Where is the roller? Are you talking about the part of the belt that goes inside the seat are or behind the pillar? I've been trying wiggling several different things and can't seem to get it to budge. I was hoping there was a release button

Back