• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Double edged sword:SE motor in SVT

Well, I have mixed feelings after learning my replacement motor is actually an SE motor. I must say, with the SVT intake on the SE motor, she really skoots.. It just kinda pisses me off that I wasn't informed enough BEFORE I purchased the car to know the difference. I could A/B the good and bad but there is no point.. The car runs great, it just feels like I got bent over a little bit...:shrug: :confused: :mad:

Your not the first and prob wont be the last that has had this happen. my buddy mat got his the same way. his car does get better mileage than mine but does lack the higher rpm power. find out if you can if all they did was put the uim off of the svt motor or if they changed more parts than that.

no he didnt. Its a black one from Texas.

It has a stock SE motor with the SVT UIM, not even an SVT LIM. even SE injectors :(

poor guy
wow man I hope you didnt have to pay too much for it or else you got hosed! just know that if the motor goes you can build a 3l and know exactly what you have in the car.

wow man I hope you didnt have to pay too much for it or else you got hosed! just know that if the motor goes you can build a 3l and know exactly what you have in the car.

well, the guy bought it as a work car, he even took the Koni struts off for a stock suspension.

BTW, man... if you want to get rid of those struts cheap, let me know.

I need to find a set for my car. my stockers are shot. no telling how long they have had eibachs on them

whay would be the difference ?? besides the upper end,cams,intake,t-b.?
is the main short block the same? or was there a difference in pistons and rods,crank etc.....
could you just put an svt upper und on the motor? cams and lim ??

whay would be the difference ?? besides the upper end,cams,intake,t-b.?
is the main short block the same? or was there a difference in pistons and rods,crank etc.....
could you just put an svt upper und on the motor? cams and lim ??

Basically it had an extrude honed intake manifold, bigger throttle body, lighter fly wheel, a little bit more open exhaust, cone air filter, and hollowed out lighter/more aggressive cam shafts, and different fuel injectors.

Plus the asthetic differences, painted valve covers, and intake manifold.

Last edited:
so its just bolt on stuff.? the short block is the same? so he could just put in svt cams lim uim and it would basically be a svt motor .

The pistons aren't enough different to worry about. The SVT pistons, I understand, are a little stronger, but the compression difference is very slight, 9.8:1 vs 10.0:1.

Higher compression (different pistons), different cam(s), EH upper and lowe intake manifold (though power gains are questionable after they've become gunked up from years of use)

it is basically bolt on parts, but not something you can easily bolt on....and it comes out to ~30 hp

i think it's ridiculous that people are bamboozling other ceg'ers and not being upfront with this kind of thing....anyone who does such is a douchebag

Higher compression (different pistons), different cam(s), EH upper and lowe intake manifold (though power gains are questionable after they've become gunked up from years of use)

it is basically bolt on parts, but not something you can easily bolt on....and it comes out to ~30 hp

i think it's ridiculous that people are bamboozling other ceg'ers and not being upfront with this kind of thing....anyone who does such is a douchebag
I agree with your statement 100% douchebags=:nonono: lol

Don't feel sorry for me guys.. With the dual Y-pipe exhaust, 5-speed and SVT intake, you barely notice the power difference.. I never once thought there was a difference between the SVT's I have driven and this car..

If the experts at the EGLR meet wouldn't have told me it was an SE motor, I would have never known the difference in power.

No, I didn't pay a whole lot for the car and it is a work car(I own a '06 Fusion SEL and a Saturn Vue(w/ a stick!) Not to mention I just got rid of a '68 Camaro SS..

With that said, my 'Tour serves my purpose perfectly:Economical, and good looking. And now that I got rid of the Konis and lowering springs, I really love this car.. She floats on air..GREAT WORK CAR.

Don't forget about a slightly bigger radiator and oil cooler.. And the valve covers are black on SVT...

Back