• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

D'oh!

Thats what happend to me Stazi. I think between there not being a turbo brace and the fact the front crossover pipe is to long it puts to much stress on the joint. I had a flex welded in and a marmon flange (v-band). Cost a pretty penny, but so worth it. Had to remove the rear header obviously, but were able to cut, shorten and weld the band on to the front crossover without removing the front header. Works great, than I got a chunk of metal in the turbo, hopefully it entered during the process, other wise I have no idea were it came from :blackeye: .

Blew out the rear flex on my SF kit - sunnovabish!:blackeye: The car sounds like a Pakistani Refuse Truck now. :p

It's gonna be a turd to replace!

Mine blew out two times till I out a industrial grade flex. I am not sure the kit really needs this setup beside the ease of the lineup on the heads. Yeah when I saw livingSVT one I told him right off the get go it was just that since they fail alot.

Back