• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Does any shop sell the MSDS headers without the y-pipe?

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
Does any shop sell the MSDS headers without the y-pipe? I don't need the y-pipe and would rather save on the cost if I can get the headers without the y-pipe...

nevermind, found the answer in another forum... I think... You can call and order just the headers from MSDS Inc for 275? It's only listed with the y-pipe on their site but the other thread indicates they will sell just the headers...

nevermind, found the answer in another forum... I think... You can call and order just the headers from MSDS Inc for 275? It's only listed with the y-pipe on their site but the other thread indicates they will sell just the headers...

That is correct. It was $220 with out coating, so they were just bare metal for that price.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=25027 here you go!!! The msds sale they were aving another 10% off.

Ryan, pay for the extra coating!!! But both Nautilis and Marty at MSDS sell the headers seperate. When I got mine from MSDS, it was during the Feb. group buy, I just called and told him what I wanted (headers, no y-pipe, MIL's, studs, ets.) Actually, Marty is the one who told me the MIL eliminators could be found other places a bit cheaper. Cool guy. :cool:

And we all know that these guys know a thing or two about our cars, so they might be able to help you out. ;)
http://www.nautilusperformance.com/ :laugh:

Don't pay for the coating. Even the extreme coating sucks. i had mine double coated and of course it rusted after 1 year.:nonono:

Get them and coat them yourself IMHO.

Ryan, pay for the extra coating!!! But both Nautilis and Marty at MSDS sell the headers seperate. When I got mine from MSDS, it was during the Feb. group buy, I just called and told him what I wanted (headers, no y-pipe, MIL's, studs, ets.) Actually, Marty is the one who told me the MIL eliminators could be found other places a bit cheaper. Cool guy. :cool:

And we all know that these guys know a thing or two about our cars, so they might be able to help you out. ;)
http://www.nautilusperformance.com/ :laugh:

Thanks for the info, Scott. Did you get yours coated? I thought yours were bare metal...

No mine were the upgraded or extreme coated something, don't remember the exact name, but mine have no rust on them, even after 30K miles. :shrug:

Maybe i should become a mod for you to beleive me or move to your state:laugh: .

LOL, touche. Ryan can come check out mine with a short drive, but I understand many have had issues with theirs. To me, I don't care where he gets them coated, as long as they don't rust away and we need to re-install another set in a year. :laugh:

LOL, touche. Ryan can come check out mine with a short drive, but I understand many have had issues with theirs. To me, I don't care where he gets them coated, as long as they don't rust away and we need to re-install another set in a year. :laugh:

Its frustrating, because i paid extra for 2 coats because live in michigan. I called them after my first winter and explained how i already have surface rust and the coating is peeling.

He wanted me to pull them off and send them to him. I got off the phone kinda laughing about it for an hour:laugh: . Who wants to take them off and pay shipping to them and back just to get another coating.:help: If its gonna happen again.......

Back