• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Del Shannon Memorial Car Show/Coopersville Summerfest

Pope

Veteran CEG'er
Thought I would give a few months advance notice this year, so maybe my brother's 'Tour will not be the only one.

Friday, August 8, 2008
-Car Cruise 6:30pm, Dash Plaques to the first 250 cars
-Fireworks at dusk (Coopersville High School Football Field)

Saturday, August 9, 2008
-5K Run
-Del Shannon Memorial Car Show 8:00am - 4:00pm ($15 vehicle registration day of, $10 registration before July 15, 2008, $0 to spectate) Usually ~1,000 vehicles. Registration between 8:00am - 12:00pm, Trophies at 3:00pm. Dash Plaques for the first 700 cars. (You can usually start parking cars in the show areas as early as 6:00am, although the registration booth will not be open until 8:00am)

Friday and Saturday All Day
-ENTERTAINMENT (beer) TENT: live music 9pm -1am (21+ after 8pm)

100's of Garage Sales throughout Coopersville during the preceding week and throughout the weekend.

Car Show and Car Cruise Sponsored by the Coopersville Jaycees, Link to official info on their website, including preregistration flyer

Coopersville Chamber of Commerce Events Schedule Partial Celebration Event Schedule

Official 2008 Summerfest Website Link

Coopersville is located off of I-96 15min. West of Grand Rapids, 15 min. East of Grand Haven/Muskegon.

Went for the first time last year. I recall your brother having some Pep Boys products on the car. :D

I forgot about that, you are thinking of his car. He smoothed the IMRC cover, cut SVT into it as a vent using an enlarged picture of the badge as a template, put black mesh behind the letters, and painted the cover blue.

I was trying to remember what he had done to the car and what he was currently working on and I forgot about the cover since it has not been on the car for a while.

Back