• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash Recall

csvt99

CEG'er
Years ago I had the dash replaced in my 99 SVT by Ford through recall even though there was nothing wrong with it at the time. Now the "new" dash is starting to show some minor signs of movement. I haven't checked with Ford yet, but shouldn't they have to replace this again? I'm wondering what they did differently the second time around that was supposed to be an improvement?

TIA

I thought the recall was for the "dash warp kit". Ford replaced your entire dash?

That doesn't make much sense. That's like replacing a blown V8 SHO motor with another one and not welding the cams.

The problem is well documented and bound to come back unless fixed properly.

My sister worked at the dealership at the time and from what we can remember they replaced the entire dash. They had to remove the radio etc. to do whatever they did and I remember that it took a while. I agree that is seems goofy to replace it but not fix the problem. I was not aware that there was a "dash warp kit" and I don't know what it involves.

My sister worked at the dealership at the time and from what we can remember they replaced the entire dash. They had to remove the radio etc. to do whatever they did and I remember that it took a while. I agree that is seems goofy to replace it but not fix the problem. I was not aware that there was a "dash warp kit" and I don't know what it involves.

After dinner I'll take a pic of the "dash warp kit" installed in my car to show you.

Back