• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom Intake for my Yaguar

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
I built a custom intake for my XF the other day. Here it is before and after:

BEFORE:
12661125-15L..jpg

AFTER
JagIntake2..jpg

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. It's a tight fit but looks and sounds great. The blower is bit louder like I was hoping for. The stock intake boxes have K&N filters in them and they are known to be more than sufficient so I'm leaving them for now. I'm probably going to swap on a different supercharger pulley to get a few more HP. It is a fun summer daily driver so I'm not going to do anything crazy with it.

looks good any noticable difference?

The sound increased. I would have preferred more blower noise. I watched a video of a XJ (see below) with a intake kit and it sounded like a 03-04 Cobra (lots of blower noise at WOT). Mine isn't nearly as loud as that. As far as power it's really hard to say on a car that already has a decent amount of power. I'm sure it picked up at least 5-10hp. I don't think I'll dyno it and it's hard to test WOT out on roads.

Here is a XJ with a SC 4.2 and a similar intake setup:
[video]http://s50.photobucket.com/user/caldoofy/media/Jag%20Vids/VIDEO0003_zpsac5665bf.mp4.html[/video]
[video]http://s50.photobucket.com/user/caldoofy/media/Jag%20Vids/VIDEO0035_zps5765bf6b.mp4.html[/video]

Very nice.

What did you use for the pipes brand wise?

I sourced the split from Spectre because it was the only 3" aluminum y pipe I could find. If I could weld I'd build my own but this y looks/works great so I'll stick with this. I found the other 3" 45 degree pipes on Ebay which I cut to fit. I had most of the couplers already from previous intake kits. The price adds up fast with all the components (>$150) and that's without K&N filters.

The sound increased. I would have preferred more blower noise.
Rice.gif

JK, looks good dude. Should post more photos of the outside of the yaguar so we can all :drool:

Back