• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CT Union Vote

MattB

CEG'er
Looks like tomorrow i might find out if im going to be layed off. I hope Malloy backs down or the union decideds on saying yes. I didnt get a chance to vote because of the hours but doesnt seem like my vote would have mattered. I would really like to keep my job.

Any other CT state employees?

this is the first I am hearing of this, whats the deal?

I did hear about his real estate sales tax, hope that doesn't pass. Thats a bad idea, lets tax an are thats already depressed, more tax isn't going to help anything.

There was ALOT of questions that never got answered and a lot of vague answers to our questions. Our union didnt really give us clear answers and wasnt really there to ask questions, plus there were misleading emails and gossip. Basically there are a bunch of ideas in the air but supposely lay off notices go our Friday or monday. It will be around 5000 lay offs, but who really knows. Another thing about layoffs is weird because senority can bump other people with less years for there particular job function so there is some questions about how this will work out. I work at UCONN health center and the rumour is about 200 or so people will loose jobs there, but again some jobs are essential positions so we dont know how that will.

So thats why i think it got voted down because there are a lot of un-answered questions and not much information. Although i voted for it, i would rather have a little less money then none at all. But hopefully with almost 10 years with the state i will be spared.

Matt

Back