• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT and a Titan

Power to weight ratio is about the same. (figuring that the Titan actually makes 350HP not 317). Nissan under rated it big time.

Titan has 350HP and weighs 5038
CSVT has 200HP and weighs 3100

2008 Nissan Titan 4 door 4x4: Curb Weight 5230 lbs according to Autoweek
HP: 317
HP/Weight ratio: .060 hp/lb

SVT Contour: Curb Weight 3200 lbs fully loaded on a heavy day
HP: 200
HP/Weight ratio: .0625 hp/lb

SVT wins on the internet.

I don't know how good of a driver you are, so I can't tell you who wins in real life.

C/D's best run in a Titan was about 15.6, so it would be close is the csvt was :censored::censored::censored::censored:tily driven. They ran 14.9 in a Tundra however, so a race against that would be close. A good driver could hang but the truck drops off fast as aerodynamic drag increases.

a "good driver" could hang in a tundra? I'm sorry.. how "good" do you need to be to press the gas pedal in an automatic, production level, run-of-the-mill truck?

and I agree.. these are some REALLY off-the-wall situations you guys can think up.

a "good driver" could hang in a tundra?

I was talking about a good driver for the csvt. Must have had a run on sentence, I was short on time. Didn't Pole120 run 14.9xx with a stock (or near stock) svt?

I had one one time at a light and He took me off the light and then we couldnt pull on eachother, that was in vader of course and all kept under the speed limit:laugh: The titans are fast trucks.

I used to drive trucks all the time for work and some are pretty fast, we got a Titan in with exaust and a k&n it sounded pretty good and there fast!

Ryan I love your turbo car!

I have both. SVT beats 2WD. 4WD is heavier soooo.....

I also have both. The 4wd's are FASTER than the 2wd's. I have smoked the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of every 2wd Titan out there. (with stock ECU)

WHY? Because Nissan limits the power (throttle) of the 2wd's to HALF until 40mph. The 4wd's get 100% power at 15mph and above. (they are heavier and need more power)
WHY? So people don't spin the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of the tires and buy new ones every week.

Also mine has the tow package (better gearing for acceleration).

According to my ass dyno (which is very accurate), my Titan will beat the Contour until about 70ish. After that the Contour should pull away VERY slowly. Then at 110mph the Contour will smoke the Titan because that's when the trucks governor comes on.

Back