• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cross-compatibility index ?

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
Is there any sort of part cross compatibility index between the Contour models, or even outside the Contour ? With the Contour being out of production for so long it would be mighty handy to know which part from other Contour models (or other Ford vehicles) are compatible with the SVT.

I asked the Ford parts guy at the dealer I use, but he didnt claim to have any sort of simple index.

thanks,

Mad Dog (2000 CSTV)

RockAuto has decent capability for stock parts - you look up the part you're interested in, click on the part number and it tells you which vehicles that specific part will fit. Is there anything specific you are wondering about? There are a few SVT-only parts (radiator, early front brake caliper/pads, and cams are some that some to mind quickly), but a great deal of parts are compatible across the Contour/Cougar/Mystique spectrum.

Thanks for the tip. This is good news as it means the local junkyards are a goldmine.....

Mad Dog (2000 CSTV)

most parts are interchangeable between contour/mystique models. Alot of parts are also interchangable from cougars. So unless its SVT specific then part should be interchangable.

It amazes me that I see a lot of the quarter panels, trunks and hoods in good shape on the junkyard cars. Why does mine look so crappy ?!?!

I found a beautiful condition passenger side headlamp and went to the trouble of getting it out...then I realized I pulled it from a Mystique so the lamp shape wasnt quite correct....

Has anyone had any experiences buying a junker off a yard ? The few times I have asked, it seems like they cant do it legally (titles expired ?).

Mad Dog (2000 CSTV)

Back