• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

coolant tank sensor?

bobsmystique

New CEG'er
I need to replace my coolant tank sensor. the gauge does not read in on the cluster. where is the sensor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what engine?

On the duratec it is located directly under the tb on the cross over pipe between the two heads.

On the zetec its on the thermostat housing. I don't recall which is which.

wait a second ... I completely miss read the post.

The sensor that mounts into the coolant tank is for the low level light on the dash. Note only the duratec has a low coolant light.

If the temp gauge on the dash is not working then check out the sendors as I indicated.

wait a second ... I completely miss read the post.

The sensor that mounts into the coolant tank is for the low level light on the dash. Note only the duratec has a low coolant light.

If the temp gauge on the dash is not working then check out the sendors as I indicated.

I had to reread it a couple times too. The gauge is the coolant temp sensor, not the low coolant sensor in the coolant reservoir.

(Untitled)

the sensor for the engine temp gauge then.. it does not show me how hot the engine is running.

the sensor for the engine temp gauge then.. it does not show me how hot the engine is running.

That sensor ETC, is under the TB, or should be close to there.

To test it, get a scan tool, put it on live data and look at the ETC reading, and if that is normal, you probably will need to replace the cluster, Had a Neon in the shop with similar complaints, owner thought it was overheating, but it was the gauge in the dash itself was defective. Replacing the cluster solved the problem.

Back