• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour SVT 4 lug to 5 lug conversion?

I don't know of any such kits, but there are two areas to check out if you really feel you must do this. The newer Mondeos have five lugs, as do the X-type Jags. It is very likey that those parts will fit, but until someone tries it, no-one knows.

I don't know of any such kits, but there are two areas to check out if you really feel you must do this. The newer Mondeos have five lugs, as do the X-type Jags. It is very likey that those parts will fit, but until someone tries it, no-one knows.

Having had an X type up on a lift and inspecting the hell out if while having extensive knowledge of the contour platform...NOT ****ING HAPPENING! :blackeye:

There are plenty of 4 x 108 wheels available. I don't see the problem. And if there is a certain wheel you must have, you can always pay to have the wheel company custom drill it.

Looks cooler and a better selection for rims in my opinion. I wish ford would have gone 5 lug on the SVTs.

I've looked over probably 1000's of rims that I've liked, only to find out they don't fit the Contour. 4 Lug sucks, let alone 4x108.

I think LiquidX had them a while back on his 19's before he found 20's in our bolt pattern. Worthless though since he doesn't visit the boards anymore :blackeye: It has been done though. Ebay has some lug convertors too, iirc.

maybe a wheel adaptor or a wheel spacer. i have a spacer on my 65 mustang so i could put newer / bigger wheels on. if you were to put one of these on it would push your wheel futher out and coould maybe put a wider wheel on. i know of a company that makes them i will look for the number and see if he could make one

You guys may think I'm crazy, but I feel embarrassed running around with a 4 lug SVT. I know that 4 lugs can handle plenty of power, still have alot of rims to choose from, etc... , but I love my E0s because they cover up the bad with the center cap!

I've looked over probably 1000's of rims that I've liked, only to find out they don't fit the Contour. 4 Lug sucks, let alone 4x108.

I think LiquidX had them a while back on his 19's before he found 20's in our bolt pattern. Worthless though since he doesn't visit the boards anymore :blackeye: It has been done though. Ebay has some lug convertors too, iirc.

never had 5lugs......went straight from 18's to custom drilled 20's

what you have to know though is that if you decide to do the ghetto adapter spacer path that it is going to widen the wheels locations, and without figuring out proper offset, if possible, that you are likely to have you wheels sticking out past your fender, which looks like crap.

anything fits all you need is...
wallet.gif
and a
brain.gif

i've been going thru the same thing. sorry but i hate (well, i dont like) 99% of the wheels i see for us. 8hole universal wheels are out of the question unless they have a center cap to cover all holes. most r tacky or gimmicky looking. and it seems not all wheel manufacturers will custom drill for u. there r those wheel makers that have the reputation for offering this but doesnt mean they r gonna have a wheel u like. obviously $1000each hre's solve the problem but that a rediculous amount of money. i've even been searching wheels in europe but the shipping makes it almost not worth it (but they have a MUCH better selection and most of their wheels are single bolt patterns), though importing would still be way less than hre's.

i dont think our wheel hubs can be redrilled becuz of how they r designed. there's no thick material between the current holes to drill in between, at least thats what i remember when i looked at them while doing my brakes a while back. how expensive would custom hubs be?

Back