• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour and coug wires different?

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
I was looking around town for some cougar wires and no one seems to have them but they have them for the contour. What is the difference in the wires? Anyone know? The part numbers are different too. I thought they were the same engine.

Plug Wires?

The late Cougar uses a different coil with wires that are compatible with it. I think that was 2000 only.

The earlier Cougar wires are the same as the Contour wires.

I was looking around town for some cougar wires and no one seems to have them but they have them for the contour. What is the difference in the wires? Anyone know? The part numbers are different too. I thought they were the same engine.

I can pull up some wiring diagrams if you could be a little more specific on what parts of the cars you are comparing.....

The '01+ Cougar plug wires have different connectors on the coil pack side, not the same as either the earlier Cougars nor Contiques. The 99 and 00 Cougars share the same wires as the Contiques.

sorry for the necromance here, this thread came up in a search. but out of curiosity, is the coil pack in the later cougars the same one from the 02+ duratech tauruses? only ask because the wires for the taurus engine with the taurus coil are expensive...

Back