• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutch'n work

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
Yeah, should of just picked up a new clutch when I did the tranny.... 342.00 with tax my cost. Could have found one cheaper maybe but we deal with napa at work, so if anything goes wrong (not that i would want to open it up again) I know I'm covered.

Had the flywheel turned by another shop that does inspections threw us. I did a tear down last weekend and forgot to undo the High psi line for the power steering pump, next thing I see is red ATF coming down the face of the block. I think it is the little elbow piece that comes up out of the p/s pump. Picked that elbow up, a new line, and a pump. Also found the new water pump leaking so sending that back defective. Have been using the girlfriends Highlander to get to work. Hope to have it back in action tomorrow.

SSPX0297.jpg

SSPX0295.jpg

SSPX0296.jpg

Ah I feel like poo. Have a cold (I know boo hoo).

Got the tranny back in, have the clutch all bled out. Pedel feels great!

Now just have to do front swaybar bushings, links, p/s line to rack. Get the subframe back on. Rethread one of the axles. Then start on the top doing the p/s pump. Also found some more wires to fix.

I love how you never complain or whine when you've got work to do on your car.
And you seem to do such excellent work.
:cool:

LoL, Yeah, this one has kept me going. Thankyou Kim, and Mike. :)

It's almost done, just kinda weak from work (fixing cars) and now (fixing my car) and still sick. I'm going to put the right side back together, get the exhaust on, and if up to it, fill it up with coolant, p/s fluid, and tranny fluid.

ABS system will be the next thing to fix. If I get the correct match. Early build 98. 7/97.
No traction controll.

Back