• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clock light

Pugulis

CEG'er
Does anyone know were I can get a light for my clock? The clock itself works fine, but the light doesn't and I can't find it in the parts store. Does anyone know the part number?

I just ordered the led one from superbrightleds.com but since shipping is like $5 might as well. Get some licence plate LEDs while your at it:shrug:

the superbrightled's one fits like crap (understatement), don't get it.

Get a regular LED of your color choice, and solder it in.

Wouldn't he need a resistor to solder in there as well to prevent the LED from blowing? Just putting that out there JIC.

My clock bulb was burnt out before I bought the car, but since I have a clock in my headunit, I never bothered to change the bulb.

Just got mine in today it does require shabing the sides a bit but it puts out way moré ligh than a bulb and will last longer :cool:

Ford part # E5RY-13466-BA.

This is the only bulb that is a direct swap. Any other bulb will be aftermarket and will require some modifications.

Note - The replacement factory bulb does not have the green film on it required to match the rest of the interior. Carefully peel the green cover off the old bulb and swap it on to the new bulb. Most of the times, it's stuck on the old bulb and requires time and patience to remove it. If you work too quick, it will tear and light up with mixed colors after.

X2 I did this with a red LED from a keychain and a resistor from school. Can't beat free. I need to check my solder joints though, as the light doesn't work, intermittantly. I reused the stock bulb holder too.:shrug:

Sylvania #2721 bulb for clock

Sylvania #2721 bulb for clock

I came across a aftermarket solution for those looking to replace the lamp in the clock. The Sylvania #2721 fits the stock base and gives the correct illumination. I found them in a 2 pack at the parts store for $3.

Ford part # E5RY-13466-BA.

This is the only bulb that is a direct swap. Any other bulb will be aftermarket and will require some modifications.

Note - The replacement factory bulb does not have the green film on it required to match the rest of the interior. Carefully peel the green cover off the old bulb and swap it on to the new bulb. Most of the times, it's stuck on the old bulb and requires time and patience to remove it. If you work too quick, it will tear and light up with mixed colors after.
I checked with my local dealer and he told me the green condom comes with it. The only problem is that he didn't have any but he did give me the #'s and names of all the dealers that do. I'm looking at about $13 shipped to my front door. If any body needs a # and location that has some pm me.

Back