• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#$@% Clip

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
I can not, for the life of me find this clip.... I've call the dealer but the don't know what i'm talking about (neither do I to be honest) looked threw the junkyard but the only tours and tiques in there are either 4cyl or automatic 6 which don't seem to make use of this clip on the accel cable...

In this pic you can see a dirty white connection going on the to throttle body to work the throttle plate... Does anyone know of a part number or what to call it... My luck it might only come with the cable...

SSPX0104.jpg

I have at least one of those clips around somewhere... Its a metal clip that slides over that white piece and holds it onto the linkage...

Its only for MTXs with stock 2.5L throttle bodies.

I can look tomorrow and Sunday to see if I do still have it.

I have at least one of those clips around somewhere... Its a metal clip that slides over that white piece and holds it onto the linkage...

Yes, thats what it is :) or was until I dropped it somewhere and can't find it...

A big thankyou either way. Just PM me cost.

good luck finding that lil clip in that huge junkpile called your basement lol:laugh:

found one

found one

Called the dealer again and got someone else, this time they knew what I was talking about. It cost about 3 bucks.

Called the dealer again and got someone else, this time they knew what I was talking about. It cost about 3 bucks.

Nice. It looks like a part that a hardware store might even have, its just such a simple design... glad you got one.

Nice. It looks like a part that a hardware store might even have, its just such a simple design... glad you got one.

Thankyou again for checking. I was about to order a whole cable, it was holding me back from driving the car home so I could do more work on it. Would suck to have the accel pedel just drop and not be able to do much while pulling into traffic.

Back