• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chicago 3l guys?

SVT Doood

CEG'er
Well I have cash, and its time for a 3L for my SVT. Anyone in Chicago or nearby have experience? Anyone actually prep motors?

ANy help or advice would be great!

Hi,

I own one that is not tuned yet but i didn't do the swap but it is not hard to do, i did a 2.8L rebuild on a jetta...so not so different-ish, size-wise.

If you do prefer someone who has done them talk to shogofast, a couple of others and the person who i bough the contour from. He is in South Bend, IN area...

i sell prepped 3l and also do installs but im in michigan. i use a good freight company though so i could get one to you for a good price

I should add that I've owned an SVT since 1999...and have been a member here since the old old board. I've pulled my motor and replaced all suspension components and the transmission as well, as well as numerous repairs and what not. I'm not a newbie and I do have some skills, but I want this to be one shot one kill out then in, so I'm looking for some real hand's on advice and tips. I've read the 3l column, and will spend a weekend reading everything in there before I tackle this.

I'm also getting a HMS prepped trans, new SVT clutch. and all new front rear suspensions while I'm working on it, as well as the usual headers/new exhaust and a tune from Warmonger.

Thanks in advance to any tips and ideas or sources.

Back