• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cheap oil filters

I know there is no love for FRAM oil filters around here but there might be other cheapskates like me around here (my Contour is my beater car!) Went to Canadian Superstore and found FRAM PH2 oil filters on sale for $2.44 each. Bought enough for the life expectancy of Mr. Hankey (named after South Park's famous character) :laugh:

I usually get Motorcraft FL820S at Walmarts in the US; they're around $3 each. The store I went to last time didn't have any in stock so I got the SuperTech, which is made by Champion Labs (same factory that makes Mobil, K&N, Bosch oil filters) for the Contour and the Miata. The ST's were $2-something, <$1 cheaper than the Motorcrafts.

This is all about Canuckistan pricing. FRAM PH2 filters are usually + $6 at Wallmart. Beleive me you don't want to buy car parts up here. A transmission range sensor I got from Vegas Ford for $45 was $85 here. Even after shipping and duty it was still cheapper to buy from the US

It's pretty common for people to head across the border for (bigger) parts, tires, etc. Granted, being in a border city I can pick up small things like filters more often, but I'll still stock up on 5 or 10 at a time. If you're looking for cheap and non-Fram here the options are limited, just throwing another option out there for people who may already be making a trip over.

I'm going to Buffalo in two weeks (Monday the 26th) if you want anything.

I usually get Motorcraft FL820S at Walmarts in the US; they're around $3 each. The store I went to last time didn't have any in stock so I got the SuperTech, which is made by Champion Labs (same factory that makes Mobil, K&N, Bosch oil filters) for the Contour and the Miata. The ST's were $2-something, <$1 cheaper than the Motorcrafts.

now there's a first, never heard of bosch oil filters :help:

I might just go abroad to get enough filters for 3 years, don't you pay taxes on goods when you get back?

Depends how long you are there. I allways tell them what I have and 90% of the time if it's under $200 they don't care. Only once have I gottem pulled over and was let loose at no charge.

Back