• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Certified

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
Has anyone gone to Certified Transmission to have their tranny replaced?

On December 26th I took my car there to have it checked out. After getting a second opinion, I decided to take it back to them on January 2nd to have my tranny replaced with a remanufactured transmission; mine had overheated causing internal damage. They told me the tranny was located in Omaha, Nebraska and that they'd have it shipped here and then installed by Friday, January 5th. So, on Friday I called them to see what’s going on with my car. They told me that now it wouldn't be done until Wednesday the 10th. :shrug: Wednesday I call them back and they said they had to order more parts and that it would be done by Friday. :shocked: So here it is, Friday the 12th, over a week later. I had my mom call them today and they said it won't be done until Monday now. :mad:

It's going to cost me $2,649 for it and the parts they had to replace from being melted to the tranny. :cry: I'll be getting a 5 year / 50,000 mile warrenty along with it.

Do you think that complaining about the wait will give me any discount on the price? School starts on Tuesday, so it is cutting it very close.

man that freakin blows,,you might get a discount if you go in just ravin ass mad, but it really sucks you had to spend that much money,, if that amount was in damage to the body the car would be totalled

:shocked: I don't even know what to say about that, other than the fact that what you are going to spend on that Tranny for a Non-SVT is just CRAZY! In fact that's 3/4 of what my 99 CSVT with 91k miles cost me 4 months ago! BUY A CSVT!:nonono:

If i could find a cheap svt, i would buy it. I shoped around and this was the cheapest price for a replacement. Ford wanted $2700, and they only offered a 2 year warrenty.

Well, many weeks ago I noticed my car revving really high when I had it in drive. I had my brother look at it and drive it around and he noticed it wasn't shifting into 2nd gear. Instead it would rev to 4500 and then shift to 3rd. I had multiple places look at it, and each told me the same thing; it had internal damage and needed replaced. Certified was the only place that mentioned that it had internal damage because it had overheated. The TSS sensor had actually melted onto the tranny case, and the speedo gear also had to be replaced.

A buddy of mines Bro works at ATSI here in Lawrence, KS. He said Certified Tranny Is Bad! Go to ATSI they offer a 3year/36k mile warranty and are the best around. I had a tranny done on my Auto 95 Probe back in High School and had it for another year after that with no probs what so ever. Sure Certified offers a better warrenty, but they are higher priced than ATSI also! Just Giving ya a heads up...

When I worked at a transmission shop we always replaced the automatics w/ a Jasper transmission. They offered a 36 month or 75,000 mile warranty. We never had any problems w/ them once they were installed.

Back