• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

carpet question

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
ok my svt needs new carpet really bad and i found this sight thats got carpet for the contour fairly cheap. only thing is it says carpet for the 98 contour"GL" and it has "dark Blue" listed. my question is, is that midnight blue which matches & goes in the svt or is just a complealty differnt shade of blue? and if this doesnt work. where could i get midnight blue for under $200?

thank you guys

http://www.partstrain.com/products/AutoBody/Carpet/1998~FORD~CONTOUR~6~2.5~CONT-SVT-001.html

Last edited:
Midnight blue interior was an option on Contours and Mystiques. The 98 and later midnight blue interior is the same color as the SVT midnight blue. I would think the carpets are the same. Certainly the seat covers are different though.

98.5-00 Midnight Blue carpet is not true Midnight Blue. It is gray.

My 98 parts car has carpet in it still if you are interested.

That's odd.

My friend's 98.5 SVT has gray carpet. First time I saw it, I couldn't quite put my finger on why his interior looked different than mine. Then I noticed the carpet.

My 00 SVT has gray carpet also. My 98 and 98 parts car have Midnight Blue. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back