• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cannot find Radio Fuse

quickster

New CEG'er
1999 Mercury Mystique LS. Anyone here know where the radio fuse is located on this car? The owners manual says it's in the passenger side fuse compartment under the instrument panel. There is no fuse panel under the instrument panel, or anywhere else inside the car that I can find. I looked in the main fuse panel under the hood, but it's not there. Radio just stopped working, no power at all. Thanks for any help.

Thanks royalblue. The radio fuse was ok, but the interior lighting fuse was blown. I replaced fuse, and it blew right away. Not sure how the radio and interior lighting electrical are related, but that's what I have going on right now. Any advice on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Found the courtesy light on driver's side door broken. Removed bulb, replaced fuse, and fuse didn't blow. Haven't replaced bulb yet, but courtesy lights, radio, clock, and key remote work again. Just thought I would pass this info. on, to help anyone that this may happen to in the future. By the way, the fuse that blew was #34 (interior lighting).

Because you have a post-98 you don't have a dash clock, which was replaced by a clock on the radio, that fuse is also for the clock. Fuse for the clock, which is in the radio, blown; no radio.

Back