• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Broken speaker cover on rear door.

CRG Racer24

Hard-core CEG'er
So I cracked/broke my speaker cover on my right rear door. I bought a cat climbing tree for me cat and the trunk was already full so I had to lay it down in the backseat. Well a few days later I was stopped at a red light and was looking in the back for the tissue box when I noticed the speaker cover was cracked/broken :blackeye:.

I was wondering, to fix that, can I just get a replacement speaker cover or will I have to replace more than that? May sound like a dumb question, but :).

Easier to change out the entire panel, but you can grind down the plastic welds in the back and remove the grill, then install replacement grill with short screws and washers. Pretty easy to do actually. Looks like you need a midnight blue one?

Easier to change out the entire panel, but you can grind down the plastic welds in the back and remove the grill, then install replacement grill with short screws and washers. Pretty easy to do actually. Looks like you need a midnight blue one?

Yup, I'm gonna need a midnight blue one. So any advice on which one I should do, or were you trying to discreetly offer to sell a part you have to me? :laugh:

I think I have an entire door panel if you are interested in it. $25 plus shipping.

i was at the junkyard one time and was talking to the guy at the desk. he said he didnt have any svt panels in MB, but he did have a contour with MB panels. it was the wrong panel, but the right speaker cover. he used an oxy-acetelene torch and heated up the tabs holding the grille on there. got it right out in no time. so if you have trouble finding a new door panel, keep this in mind.

Geez, I totally forgot about this thread.

Smalls - Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I'm gonna try to see if I can snag that panel from blu.

Blu - I'll be PMing you about that right now.

Back