• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake Upgrade

spray2play

New CEG'er
What are my options of affordable upgrades. I hear that some Focus SVT components are interchangeable. I'm not looking for upgrade brake system that cost more than the 'tours price resale value but, rather just solid pedal feel and spirited HPDE use. Thanks, J.R.

Stainless brake hoses are a must. Start there; you might not even need anything more after that.

Wait... where am I?

Warmonger kit from nautilus performance adjusts caliper bracket position in order to use SVT Focus rotors front and SVT Contour front rotors on the rear. Very nice upgrade for all in cost around $500 with SS lines.

Warmonger kit from nautilus performance adjusts caliper bracket position in order to use SVT Focus rotors front and SVT Contour front rotors on the rear. Very nice upgrade for all in cost around $500 with SS lines.

HA I spent less on my cobra's.... although you have to run 17's which I already had and you need to find a set of adapters which there aren't many of....

Speaking of Stainless lines where can you get a set of those for the cobra's? Basically the same as the BAER kit could you just order from them?

Don't mean to thread jack sorry.

That's one to look at. Thanks, I have done a few of these back when and now I have taken up to have a little fun with them again. I built the Foci's back when they were new and when Fun Ford Weekend was running Focus Frenzy, had some badazz Ztecs. I'd love to add the air dam for the look just think $4-500 is tough to justify but if I could just hit the right 6 numbers or take some obamanation monies.....

I have a rear brake upgrade for sale in the classifieds cheap. Just add pads of your choice and you're good to go.

Back