• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake line Question

iforgot

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I have a 97 GL Contour with the DuraTech in it and 88k, I started loosing brake pressure while driving so I stopped and looked around the car and noticed that the rear drivers wheel was dripping brake fluid, So I had the car towed home, and upon closer look the the rear brake line was rusty and leaking. I just had the car towed to the shop and they let me know that they charge $20 per foot for brake line replacement.

Here is my question if anyone can help, I forgot to measure the lines from the middle of the car (the rust free spot I could see) between the front and rear door. and the rear brakes, I want to have both rear lines replaced from that point back. Does anyone know how long those lines would be? I know the drivers would be longer than the passanger. but a good guess would be helpful. I have never been to this shop and I want to make sure the they are telling me an honest number.

Thanks.

PAul

Go to an Auto Discount store (Pep Boys...etc) and get bulk pre made steel line with metric fittings , at a very different price. I changed four 10" lines for $20. And make sure they are METRIC fittings.

Back