• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Boxed 4 bolt LCA's

there is so much more i want to add to this thread but it would be slander...... but like aaon said if someone stuck to there origional quote of time and money it never would have been over budget Brad.
I'm not blaming anyone in what I'm about to say... I'm just saying unforeseeable things happen. My tranny went and shipped it off the a reputable rebuilder. Turn around was supposed to be about 2 weeks. It ended up being almost 3 months! The fees I had to pay the local tranny shop for storage of my car were way above what I had planned for (obviously), but there wasn't much I or the tranny builder could do about the delays.

I have no idea about the details of your engine scenario.... I just thought I'd share my own delay experience.

My point was that I've purchased several custom items from Brad, and fitment has always been perfect. He's also sold many custom items to other CEG'ers without a complaint (at least public). So if there was a fitment issue, perhaps this should have been brought up to him directly instead of a public rant, and that would have been more constructive.

You realize you're talking about steeda right....

I'm not blaming anyone in what I'm about to say... I'm just saying unforeseeable things happen. My tranny went and shipped it off the a reputable rebuilder. Turn around was supposed to be about 2 weeks. It ended up being almost 3 months! The fees I had to pay the local tranny shop for storage of my car were way above what I had planned for (obviously), but there wasn't much I or the tranny builder could do about the delays.

I have no idea about the details of your engine scenario.... I just thought I'd share my own delay experience.

Did you ship it to TH sounds like what happend with bretts trans...

Yeah but the difrenmce is...he didnt work on the car every day like the plan was. A day a week or 2 days a week. ended up costing him a month extra storage and the engine hoist he had there had to go so he had to buy one. im just saying if i had to do an engine swap and i wanted it done this year he would not be the guy i go to.

I would guess it was aimed at Steeda since he apparently lacks social skills. Your addition to the subject was professional and non-offensive.

Non-offensive critisism is typically more useful than a pointed rant.

Sorry im not some little nancy and beat around the bush. If i have something to say guess what I say it in the most direct manner. Don't like it? Sucks to be you becuase i really don't care.

Lets think about this here. You make a custom part right? Why not make the plate a tad shorter so that you install the Arms without having to grind part of the subframe away?

Back