• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT Typo in Parts Catalog?

mixtape

CEG's Most Wanted
I've been looking into ordering the Bat European suspension kit for my 98 SVT. Long story short, last summer I replaced the front struts/springs in the car due to a pot hole damaging one of the front springs. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the previous owner installed Eibach springs. So now the car is doing a serious reverse rake lol (see pic below). The rear is lower than stock SVT springs, while the front is either the stock SVT height, or the non-SVT base Contour height :shocked:.

I've heard great reviews about BAT. I've also heard that this kit is great on our cars. However, the only downside is that many people say that the front end tends to be higher with this kit than the rear end. Though, it can't be as bad as what I have going on now lol. Any suggestions from fellow CEGers with this kit?

I was all set to order when I noticed a major typo in the BAT catalog. It lists the Contour as being produced from 95-01, and the Cougar from 98-00. I find this quite strange since the Contour was made until 00, and wasn't the Cougar made until 02?

I called BAT today and addressed them of the problem. However, the man who answered the phone wasn't quite certain what the ending year of the Contour's production was :blackeye:. I find that actually quite strange since it's literally a company dedicated to Contour and Cougar parts :help::laugh:.

So I'm curious which of the two part numbers listed will work with a 98 SVT Contour?

19735010150443809570430.jpg

batsusp.jpg

im not sure why they have 2 different part numbers as they should fit all 95-00 Contours/Mystiques and 99-00 Cougars without any problems. the 01-02 cougars used a different rear strut mount stock but the kits will fit them as well with the purchase of the 95-00 rear upper strut mounts.

I have the bat kit and the front of svt sits a little higher than the rear. My 98 has stock suspension and the front sits higher too. If you want the front to sit lower I would suggest different springs.

Last edited:
something to keep in mind also is that the rear arch is cut lower than the front so it looks like the back sits lower. to check you need to actually measure height from something other than the fender arches. the drip rail or leading/trailing edges of the side skirts works well.

Back