• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Baer Track PLus kit Release Pin location...???

ikaika808

CEG'er
I was wondering if any others with the Baer Track Plus kit knows where the Release Pin w/ E-clip is preferably mounted...??? Top of the caliper or Bottom...??? Roland / Ikaika808

I suggest to have the caliper hinge at the bottom so it stays open when loading the pads.

I think this is how we did BADSVT's calipers but, someone may correct me.

Weren't the calipers assembled when you got them and marked left and right? I dont remember.

It doesn't matter if the caliper is marked L or R because the caliper brackets will fit either side of the car :blackeye:.

The bleeder on the body of the caliper should always face up and the pin with C-clip should always be at the top. If you don't have the pin and C-clip at the top the caliper will "clack" with every bump you hit. Not sure why this is, but I had this noise and had checked everything and realized maybe my brackets and pins were on the wrong sides :eek:. Swapped them around and no more clacking.

It's actually not obvious where the pin goes because the brackets determine where the pin location is. They should have labeled the brackets L & R too because they can be mixed up. :crazy:

Did anyone happen to have a problem with inserting the PIN from the top location because of the bleeder nipple ??? I was concidering putting my PIN in the top location when I was installing them for the first time but ran into the Bleeder nipple interfering with insertion of it. From the bottom location there was NO problems what so ever. I will have to consider moving it to the top if I start getting the CLACK like Blu-Fuz describes and see if I can some how get the pin in there too. Roland

Back