• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Back on the road! w00t!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
After being too busy with the condo purchase last year, the SVT didn't get much attention. It sat all summer. I finally fixed a 5-6 year old CEL code, drove it for a full day enjoying it and the power steering crapped out.

Registration expired, couldn't renew since it couldn't pass emissions, power steering bad, battery went dead over winter.

I sent the car up to aircougar for the rack to be swapped with a used one from my parts car. I picked it Wednesday and spent the day yesterday getting the car all ready. Insurance back on, 10-day temp registration on (until it passes emissions), washed, alignment done, and I got to enjoy a little cruising last night. :cool: :D God I missed driving that car!

Hopefully I can get the damn drive cycle to complete in 10-days, otherwise the registration is going to expire again. :mad:

/end useless thread

ugh I hate that 10 day emissions crap. its absolutely not enough time. I failed emissions thrice with the merkur. Also, be weary about the free retry if you fail the first time. It's a free retry at the same place. If you go to a different place, it nulls your free retry and you get no more anywhere. Learned that the hard way.

Yeah, 10 days is stupid. They don't even offer a longer temp tag like some states do. I would be willing to pay a little more and get a 20-30 day temp if they had it. There is nothing wrong with my car other than the fact that the drive cycle hasn't been completed.

Once I get the full registration back on, I'll be mailing in my vanity plate request. I was hoping to have it for Ford Nationals but it probably won't process quick enough.

Yeah, I was an idiot and didn't realize for a while that clearing the P1000 code, just starts the drive cycle all over again. I kept checking with the Xcal and everytime I saw it wasn't ready, I cleared it and drove some more. :blackeye:

absense makes the heart grow fonder. So very, very true. I had the Cougar state inspected today (including a crankshaft seal replacement). <3 her.

Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers?

Crankshaft seal? Leaking already? Must have been the one on the timing cover that you can actually get to.

I think it's due to us installing the DMD ourselves years ago and mostly likely not doin' a very good job of it.

Back