• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AUGH! E0 dash panel won't come out!

Ok, I've searched and tried to be a good little internet monkey, and so far all I've come up with is this:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4222&d=1240374832

But it's for an E1. I'm trying to pull an E0 dash (it's going to go into an E1). Something is hidden from me and the bastard won't come out! I've pulled every single screw I can find, and probably a bunch I didn't need to. What in the world could I be missing???

It's out... what was hitting was a metal tab on the bottom side of the air bag bracket/cage. I just wasn't quite brave enough to tug on it hard enough to get it over the top of the bar. :laugh:

Make sure you recover the blue rubber grommets that cover the two large pegs on the underside of the dashboard near the windshield / airduct. If these blue rubber grommets are not on those pegs when you install the new dash, you will get a very loud cracking / rattling noise from the dash when you drive over large bumps. These grommets often pull off the plastic pegs and fall behind or into the core ventilation unit that lies underneath the dashboard when you remove the dash.

Back