• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Audi R8

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Some pics of the Audi R8 that will debut on September 28 in Paris. It will be shown for the first time a day before. It will be powered by a modified version of the RS4's engine with 440 hp. This comes from different intake and exhaust systems. It will also get dry sump lubrication. It will have a power to weight ratio of about 7.2 pounds per horsepower. So it is supposed to be very light. It will come with 19 inch wheels wearing same size rubber as the Gallardo. It will have 12 LED Driving Lights in each front headlight. The engine will be visible through a glass cover like on the Ferrari F430. It will have a gearshift like the one in the Gallardo (metal gated?) The enterior should be very awesome, the one and only spy shot shows an A6 like top of the center console. It will have a choice of different wheels and a possible two tone paint scheme.

b32c78ff.jpg

audi_r8-02-L.jpg

Catchingup.jpg

Sideshot.jpg

Side2.jpg

Cleanfront.jpg

Last edited:
I knwo it will be a nice car, but I'm not feeling the looks of it. it's like Audi couldn't make up its mind on styling. Wedged sports car or bulbous coupe... screw it lets do both.

I love the car in the first pic though. The black paint and those gunmetal wheels at what appears the Ring.:drool: :drool: :drool:

That first picture looks as if the tires are going to come right off of the rim! I've heard of rim guard for curbs, but for the actual street!?!?!

Mark

I have to agree...the styling on this thing is just...well, it's a hodge-podge. The overall shape doesn't flow, and individual parts don't flow together either. It's a confusing mish-mash that should never have left the CAD file. (I was going to say drawing board, but we all know no one uses THOSE anymore!)

Back