• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone near East Brunswick, NJ?

BrApple

No Life But CEG
Is anyone near Open Road Acura of East Brunswick? They have a SVT Focus I am interested in. however their website doesn't have any photos. looking to get an idea of what condition the car is in and what options its has before I drive down there to look at it.

Please let me know, Thanks.

Hey Brapple,

You have helped me out quite a few times, on both forums, so today I took a drive over to the Acura dealer and put together a little video of the SVT Focus they have for sale. It's only about a half hour drive from my house, so I'm probably the closest CEGer. Unfortunately they were literally about to send the car out for auction when I got there :eek:, but I told them I have a buddy who may be interested and to hold it for a few more days. They were literally mounting the dealer plate a minute or two after I started taking pictures. They were heading to the Exxon station for gas, so I asked if I could tag along :laugh:.

They're asking somewhere around $7k for the car, which seems high to me, but it does have around 50k and that is a dealer price. I think they mentioned going down to $7100. The sunroof doesn't open, but that's about the only mechanical issue we came across. A few little imperfections in the paint, but it's not a bad car. Surprisingly, with four adult guys in the car, it had some pep to it. I know I had my expectations low, being a 4cyl, but it was an overall nice and pleasant car. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be too surprised if a stock SVT Focus and a stock CSVT ran neck for neck from a stop.

If you are definitely interested, they want you to give them a call tomorrow before 5:00PM. Otherwise it's heading auction bound probably early next week. The number is (732) 238-3030. Ask for Kevin Mooney, and tell him you're Paul's buddy who was looking at the car earlier.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ukw61dGdAk

Thanks for taking the time to stop over there.

It was quick to tell from the video but did it have the HID headlights or optional radio and factory sub?

Also how would you rate the interior?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to stop over there.

It was quick to tell from the video but did it have the HID headlights or optional radio and factory sub?

Also how would you rate the interior?
No problem at all :). The interior looked near flawless to tell you the truth. They said they didn't even clean it, yet it still looked very neat. I did not sit in the backseat, but I did snap that one pic of the rear seats, which look to be free of tears.

We did not power on the headlights, so I am not sure if the bulbs are HID. I also don't recall seeing a factory subwoofer, but to be honest, I wasn't particularly looking for it so I could have just overlooked it :blackeye:.

Brian - from looking at the video , it doesn't look like an EAP Focus to me - stock '04 FSVT wheels and stock FSVT headlights . Can't tell about the Audiophile system w/subwoofer without looking in the trunk , or looking very closely at the headunit (my '04 had it) . Great little car , but not enough room for new baby stuff :( .

Hard to tell in the pic (only one I have online of mine w/front shot) , but same lights , same wheels ...

P9160358.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I just remembered that the car had a strange plug under the hood, which could possibly be a block heater? Perhaps a cold weather package? :shrug:

iirc, it did not have the audiophile stereo with the subwoofer, not the hid headlights.

either way I never went to look at the car, and it wasn't because of the snow that morning.

The dealer started jerking me around. The guy i called was straight forward enough in saying that they could only go as low as $7200, however, imho, it was only worth $6000. He was suppose to call me back after talking to his manager but never did.

So I was also in email contact and the night before I was about to go look at the car, they jackd up the price $2000 becase they had to replace two sensors based on their inspection.... but I could still pay the pre-inspection price without it being fixed ....

yeah, not wasting my time with a dealer that would jerk me around like that.

Still would really like a SVT Focus but it isn't going to happen anymore.....

Back