• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone have 10k hids?

Understandable, it is still funny though.
I thought forums were for the exchange of ideas and information rather than a popularity contest which I have come across more and more.

Hate on Haters, LOL.

That's correct. People exchange the idea that 10k hid's are awful. It just happens to be that more people on this forum than not, feel that way. Maybe somewhere in the world, there's a forum where people with 6k hids are lame and everyone has 10k :shrug:

hate hate hate hate...hate hate....hate hate hate!

That's correct. People exchange the idea that 10k hid's are awful. It just happens to be that more people on this forum than not, feel that way. Maybe somewhere in the world, there's a forum where people with 6k hids are lame and everyone has 10k :shrug:

hate hate hate hate...hate hate....hate hate hate!

Lol. So do you guys hate on those with 4300K HIDs must drive you guys insane huh, cuz there not pure white or as white as 6K? Or the yellow fog HIDs? It doesn't make complete sense. It still is popularity rather than individual. So if everyone with a 6K Hids decided to jump off a bridge that means everyone has to go off the bridge, no.

No matter what forums are for the exchange of ideas and information.

So if your running a Zetec that means a Zetec is better than a Duratec? Doesn't mean a damn thing rather than you like a Zetec better for your own reason and others will join in.

No matter what it doesn't mean anything more than that. If a product is offered for sale it is either crap or good and many feel that all of us on these forums are idiots for owning tours in the first place but you rather waste your time hating on someone who simply asked if anyone had 10K HIDs and to who responded saying that they liked them or even have them?

Start a thread on why you don't like 10K HIDs, there's an idea.

Lol. So do you guys hate on those with 4300K HIDs must drive you guys insane huh, cuz there not pure white or as white as 6K? Or the yellow fog HIDs? It doesn't make complete sense. It still is popularity rather than individual. So if everyone with a 6K Hids decided to jump off a bridge that means everyone has to go off the bridge, no.

No matter what forums are for the exchange of ideas and information.

So if your running a Zetec that means a Zetec is better than a Duratec? Doesn't mean a damn thing rather than you like a Zetec better for your own reason and others will join in.

No matter what it doesn't mean anything more than that. If a product is offered for sale it is either crap or good and many feel that all of us on these forums are idiots for owning tours in the first place but you rather waste your time hating on someone who simply asked if anyone had 10K HIDs and to who responded saying that they liked them or even have them?

Start a thread on why you don't like 10K HIDs, there's an idea.

If the majority of people, for whatever reason feel that 10k hids are a bit silly, then when someone asks about them, it may feel like they are being attacked, since they are the minority. That's how any society or group works. That's how laws are put in place. Obviously there are no rules to modding. You can do whatever you want to your car and no one can make you change it. But when you bring up a modification that is commonly unpopular with a group, then it gets flamed. How can you possibly argue the injustice in that?

The modification is certainly individual to one's self. It's all frame of reference as is anything in life. Something may look good to you, but not others. It just so happens that this particular mod doesn't look good to many around here. That's all.

Yeah, if you're running a zetec, maybe that opens you up to seeing the merits of a zetec over a duratec and it makes you think that it is indeed better than a duratec. You're certainly entitled to that opinion, but you are also entitled to be called foolish by someone else who thinks differently and hopefully they'll provide valid points as to why. There is your EXCHANGE.

the light output doesnt bother me, because still 10k HIDS are 1000x brighter than stock, maybe 6K are 1500x brighter than stock but I LIKE THE LOOK, they are much brighter than stock and they look better, and they are only $75 bucks so whats wrong with that, if i wanted the brightest possible headlights id get 5000k or maybe even 4300k but i dont want that.

I give up. :nonono: Report back after you drive in the rain at night and can't see jack.

Theres a Civic in my area running 10000k HIDs, and sure it "looks" bright as hell when he is driving towards me. I can spot him a mile away. But after he passes and I look at his visibility in the front of the car, it's worse than the car running halogens driving right next to him.

i dunnno i rode in my buddys redline with 10ks and it lit up the whole street, plenty bright and yea ok they might not be as good in the rain, but i dont think they would be that bad, but regardless, i want 10k hids, and there thousands of people that have them and they work fine, you act like you cant see anything with them but they will be way brighter than stock.

ive seen 30k hids on a TC (striaght pink) and they were bright as HELL!

Does your friend have projectors? That might be why they appear to have good light output.

About night and rain... for the most part, my 4300k's are better than my old OEM and silverstar halogens at night, but they clearly aren't as good in the rain and on very dark asphalt. That would get worse as you go up the color spectrum. I really couldn't care less what color bulbs you're running, it's intentionally selecting poor/lesser performing bulbs that I can't understand. If purple somehow happened to have the best output and lighting efficiency, I'd be all over them... but they don't.

And to add a comparison... a local guy had the same HID kit as me on his CSVT but had 6000k bulbs. When we lined up next to each other on a dark street, the difference was obvious.

And to clarify... I don't think I'm hating. It's not like you're talking about undercar neons.

Does your friend have projectors? That might be why they appear to have good light output.

About night and rain... for the most part, my 4300k's are better than my old OEM and silverstar halogens at night, but they clearly aren't as good in the rain and on very dark asphalt. That would get worse as you go up the color spectrum. I really couldn't care less what color bulbs you're running, it's intentionally selecting poor/lesser performing bulbs that I can't understand. If purple somehow happened to have the best output and lighting efficiency, I'd be all over them... but they don't.

And to add a comparison... a local guy had the same HID kit as me on his CSVT but had 6000k bulbs. When we lined up next to each other on a dark street, the difference was obvious.

And to clarify... I don't think I'm hating. It's not like you're talking about undercar neons.

I know I understand what everyone is saying. I read up on all information between contour and neon forums to name a few and all have the same information. 4300-6K are usually what most cars are equiped with when new with HIDs. Just my few days with them I notice that they are blue, duh. Are they brighter than a 6K, no they are not and I am aware of this. I am also aware of the difference between non-projector and projector applications (paint on the bulb itself) to reduce glare and so on. In all honesty I already see the comparison of super white halogen to regular halogen when it comes to the weather and could only imagine when the time comes with these HIDs it will be interesting. But there are those out there that have specific likes and dislikes as well as certain ideas they like to make reality. My SVT right now is undergoing a full blue interior as far as gauges, switches, etc. In my opinion, to have a full blue interior at night needs to have something compliment it on the outside hence the 10Ks. My neon has 8Ks in projectors so of course the light pattern alone is a hell of a lot better.

I also see in a lot threads that people get mad at those who post new threads rather than search. I did all my research and decided that for what I wanted this was the best option without the police thinking they are too blue and I still run at risk of that but a risk worth taking. So even without posting and pissing others off, I add that I am getting and now have 10Ks in a thread simply asking if anyone did have them and all I hear are a bunch of people telling me what I know and what they think. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The underglow thread isn't a bad idea though. It would be interesting to see what pics come up rather than "on topic" posts like this thread has suffered from.

I'm done with this thread. I'll PM my pics to those who are interested in seeing what H,L and F beams look like in 10K.

i dunnno i rode in my buddys redline with 10ks and it lit up the whole street, plenty bright and yea ok they might not be as good in the rain, but i dont think they would be that bad, but regardless, i want 10k hids, and there thousands of people that have them and they work fine, you act like you cant see anything with them but they will be way brighter than stock.

ive seen 30k hids on a TC (striaght pink) and they were bright as HELL!

Then go for it.

Contour/Mystique headlights have a terrible light beam pattern and have no light control. I have 4300k (no projectors yet) and even those are nothing special. Without projectors in this headlight setup, you are only making it worse with 10000k.

^ now there you have a point that worries me, i shouldve asked that before, i didn't know if the pattern was bad or not, because even on my buddys redline, without projectors the headlight reflector is kinda small and it has a decent cutoff, but i might be worried a bit if i get 10k and they send like all over the place. ill have to just try it out soon. I do have eyelids on the top i dont know if that makes a difference with hids.

the beam pattern in most non projectors is going to suck. My blind ass never uses the brights anymore on any of my hid equipped vehicles. there is no need cause the hids are soooo much brighter. I had 6k in my silver svt and have a 4300k in my truck. Didnt notice much difference between the 2 other than the 4300k arent as blue. the 6k still look and ouput way more light than stock though.

Back