• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Mazda in the family, and a Ford is on the way!

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
With gas prices rising and Sue putting 300-400mi a week on the car we decided to get something that gets a few extra MPGs. The '07 Liberty was getting about 17-18mpg. We started shopping for something that would be more efficient and could haul what we wanted to, when we wanted to. We also wanted to carry family and friends from out of state when they visit.

In the end, a new 2010 Mazda5 w/5spd manual was what we got. It's fantastic. She'll get 22-30mpg and at only 3400lbs, it's pretty light. It has room for six (four really comfortably) and has far more room than the big Liberty did. Having a stick makes it even more fun. It's basically a longer Mazda3.

166628_187128367964986_100000034724722_697521_4284900_n.jpg

In a few more weeks, the 2011 Ford Fusion SE will become part of the family and the '08 Malibu will be sent packing...The '09 MX5 is sitting in the garge for the winter having driven all of 3500mi in the year we have owned it.

oh noes....a mini van!!!!

haha
J/K
nice ride...and it looks like Carter is going to bigger than mommy in no time!

UPDATE...got another 2010 Mazda5. Having bought the first one on the day after Christmas, we developed some issues, heres the story. As some of you here know, when you have a child, 3 hours can seem like an eternity, especially when the 3 hours eliminates lunch and nap time. We had test driven a Galaxy Grey, wanted a Copper Red but went with Liquid Silver as it was likely easier to maintain inside and out. With the blizzard coming we were in a rush to leave. We signed over the paperwork and in doing so noticed that the new car had 180mi on the odo which was explained by the vehicle being rellocated from another dealer. We then went out to the car. As I walked out to the car I immediately noticed a bunch of gouges in one rim, a chip in the nose and a very very small dent in the front passenger door. They wrote down that they would replace the wheel and I asked for a bottle of touch up paint for the small chip. They agreed to make the changes when we came back for the reg/inspection (since the car was bought on a Sunday).

We arrived home and the following day noticed a chip in the roof that had developed rust, not the kind of rust that happens over night but dark brown rust. I called the dealer and they said they would make it right. We went in on Friday and dropped the car off, they gave us an enterprise loaner for the weekend so they could make the repairs. They said they would call me Monday morning to let me know what the status was, I told them to take their time and do whatevery they need to make the car 100%. I called to check status Monday afternoon and was told the car was goiing to be ready any time after 5:00pm.

When I arrive on Monday, I told them I needed to see it in the light so we drove it over to the service bay. Once inside it became apparent that they had painted the entire roof but neglected to remove the antenna or the side trim or window seal and instead clearcoated the entire thing up to those pieces. I told them it was unacceptable and demanded the paperwork. One individual of stature stated that they witnessed the parts removed from the vehicle and tried to claim that the overspray paint was just compound (why would they compound the roof after installing the plastic bits). They told me the paperwork was not ready but they would ahve the bodyshop manager call me Tuesday by 11:00am to assure me that they removed the parts and painted the car. Oh and they left one of my rubber floor mats over in reconditioning.

At 10:45am I called and spoke with the sales manager who then had the paint manager call me. I was told that there was no paperwork and that the vehicle was a rush job. He acknowledged that there was still additional work to do but sales told them the time limit was 5:00pm. I asked about the roof mouldings and antenna (knowing that you need to drop the interior trim and headliner) in order to remove and reinstall. I was told that was not done.

I then asked to speak with the sales manager and demanded another car. After some discussion, they agreed to look into it and within the hour agreed to replace the vehicle. Pics of original car and paint issues can be found at the end of my gallery here:

http://www.mazda-speed.com/gallery/Garnetmica?page=2

It's been ten years, you were due for some paint fun :)

What color is the new car?

Hahaha, identical to the original car! I'm like a friggin paint and customer service problem magnet! Anyway, the new one is all cleaned up, coat of carnuba and rain-x'ed the windows. Even got it's first mod today, Sylvania Silverstar Ultras...not much different but I didn't have anything to put them in since the Miata was upgraded to HID.

you get the paint problems...i get the mechanical problems..
the Nitro has been at the dealer since monday.
it would shoot back about 1/2 a gallon of gas the first time the nozzle clicked off...had a very annoying squeal from the front of the motor, and the wheels needed to be refinished.
well...they replaced the filler neck, check valve, and finally the steering rack.
everyday the guy would call me with something new that they found.
blah

Back