• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

An OEM foglamp for the '95 Mystique?

redtires

CEG'er
In that place when your falling in a dream, and yo
Maybe I just haven't looked at enough pictures, and a search really did not yield much either. I found what a seller is calling "OEM Mercury Mystique fog lamps"...was that an option??? I don't recall ever hearing anyone talking about them...and if it was....would a 'tour harness be compatible...cuz I can't imagine finding one off a Mystique itself. And just for reference, it's listed for a '95-'98...and I've got a '95 GS.

yes mystiques had fog lamps as a factory option. I would have to guess the harness would be the same between the contour and the mystique.

however the lights themselves are different between the two.

FwIW I see more Mystiques with fogs at the local wreckers than Contours with fogs. The fog harnesses are the same. Mystique foglamps are square, Contours are round.

Huh...well that's pretty sweet! Thanks for the replies!! So, I guess that brings a second question though....would a Contour harness be plug-n-play..or would there be quite a bit of searching and splicing involved here? And....I'm assuming here mind you...are the fogs controlled by a separate switch...or are they integrated into the high/low beams? Might be looking at a WTB thread here shortly! lol

not sure how hard it would be to add the harness. you would need a new headlight switch.

I know years ago the factory fog lamp kits would pop up on ebay. so there maybe instruction out there on how to do it.

If your lucky this can be as easy as a plug and play job. The harnesses are the same for both cars

Step #1 - Look under car at point where fogs would be and try to locate the socket and factory wiring. If there continue on.

Step #2 - Remove headlight switch/plastic cover in your car and try to locate the relay or relay/indicator plug. Read the later parts of the post further down in this section " Adding lights to a GL"). (Sorry, I dont know how to link to topics) You are looking for the parts pictured.

Step #3 - Go to a Pick a Part and find a Mystique with fogs . Get the Light switch,harness and fogs. I paid $8 total for my parts (harness - free, 2 foglamps + brackets @$3 each and 1 switch - $2).

Step 4 - Disconnect negative cable on battery. Attach foglights/brackets, install fog/headlight switch and harness. My car already had the fuse installed in the fusebox, but check for that also.

Step # 5 - Turn on fogs

Back