• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amsoil sychromesh is dope!

Cloudx

CEG'er
Safe for brass synchro's and it is a 30w synthetic. My tranny had no issues it's was rebuilt with a new clutch about 2 years ago. Well, they put ATF in it so I wanted change it out. Rollover noise was eliminated it feels like a new box after 250miles. Just simply amazing stuff. I don't like rp so no synchromax. This is amsoil's answer at 8.75$ a quart instead of $15.77 for rp.

Safe for brass synchro's and it is a 30w synthetic. My tranny had no issues it's was rebuilt with a new clutch about 2 years ago. Well, they put ATF in it so I wanted change it out. Rollover noise was eliminated it feels like a new box after 250miles. Just simply amazing stuff. I don't like rp so no synchromax. This is amsoil's answer at 8.75$ a quart instead of $15.77 for rp.

Did you ever consider Torco MTF or Torco RTF? Those are well known for great performance as well and there are a few of us on here running it with no problems as well. However at $8.75 for synthetic that is a pretty good deal.... I'd be willing to bet it is a blend and not fully synthetic at that price.

EDIT:
Looks like it is synthetic... however what I found was $11.10 on their website... Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30

I bought it at an auto shop here in town for a 8.50ish a quart. He didn't say it was on sale or anything. I did consider the torco as well but since this guy was a friend of a friend I cruised by his shop and he had a big selection of amsoil stuff. He said I would love that synchromesh in the mtx-75. I figured I'd try it. Very nice. It was 35 out this morning and car was buried in almost a foot of snow and I shifted my ass out of there like butter. I'm still amazed really. It's actually shifting so tight that I really really need to send pole my mounts or the core money.. Just waiting for some funds. It's slow in my line of work.

I have been running the Amsoil Sychromesh for a while now and it's the only MTF I'll put in my SVTC. It is 100% full synthetic fluid. My MTF fluid is actually being replaced today along with a Mobile 1 oil change and a few other parts being replaced.

I hope that it would shift well at 35 degrees because that isn't that cold. on the -4 degree morning we had last month the RP syncromax performed just fine. It was heavy feeling when I started the car. let it warm up some and it was just fine. It would shift even better if I replace the cable ends. With 145k miles its completely original to my knowledge. no noise at all.

Amsoil all the way! I run the syncromesh, motor oil, and brake fluid

I think 03/01/2011 they had a price increase, my guy called me and told me to stock up before the first

I hope that it would shift well at 35 degrees because that isn't that cold. on the -4 degree morning we had last month the RP syncromax performed just fine. It was heavy feeling when I started the car. let it warm up some and it was just fine. It would shift even better if I replace the cable ends. With 145k miles its completely original to my knowledge. no noise at all.

Hehe yah, not cold at all. But the mc honey in the speed3 takes a few minutes to fully smooth out in that weather, but you are totally right not cold compared to some of you guys. If it's ny consolation it was 28 yesterday morning haha. I really do like the syncromesh. Royal purple is too much money for me. I'd rather buy the mc stuff, but that's too thick for mtx-75 for me.

yes the Ford Honey fluid is really good, have that in one of my cars. But It doesn't go out in the winter so I don't know how it is in the cold. However TH has commented about how good it is in the MI winters. But at ~$60 for 3 qts its pricey, and that was a few years ago.

The Mazda guys are loving that stuff. In the speed's tranny the difference was insane going from stock to mc honey. I did it at 10k and I was happy I did. After a few thousand it felt even better.

"MC Honey" is Motorcraft Honey, right?

Is that the proper name for the fluid or just a nickname. If I ask the parts counter for some "Ford Honey Fluid", will he have any idea what I'm talking about? :)

"MC Honey" is Motorcraft Honey, right?

Is that the proper name for the fluid or just a nickname. If I ask the parts counter for some "Ford Honey Fluid", will he have any idea what I'm talking about? :)

No, the counter guy would have no idea. It got its nickname from its color. It is called Motorcraft Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid. But i hate that stuff for winter. made my car un-drivable.

http://www.fordparts.com/Products/Chemicals-TransmissionFluids.aspx

It's called motorcraft xt-m5-qs. I've only heard that honey name after joining these forums. It's excellent stuff however I think it's not right for the Svt.

Back