• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All SVT's Go To Heaven

Pale Horse

Veteran CEG'er
I thought it would be pertinent to catalog as many SVTC's that we can which have been totalled/stripped/burned/parted out/et cetera. I think it would be real interesting to know how many have gone the way of the Dodo.
So, if you know of any SVT Contours that are in a scrapyard due to you or some other unfortunate soul ending its life, post the VIN or build number here:

Please only post year/color/location and vin numbers. Please no discussion in this thread. And no posting about items for sale.

Click here to learn how to obtain build number

Here is the Vin Decoder. I thought this may help since many of the SVTC's will be stripped of the things that make it an SVT:
http://contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=articles&display=1
Digits 5,6,& 7 signify the Trim Level.

1.) '98 T-Red SVT/Oklahoma/VIN and Build # to come.
2.) '98 Black SVT/Kansas/VIN: Build#:1991
3.) '00 Tropic Green SVT/N.Y./VIN and Build # to come
4.) '99 Silver Frost SVT/N.Y./VIN and Build # to come
5.) '98 T-Red SVT/Alabama/VIN: Build#:2228
6.) '98 Black SVT/Pennsylvania/Vin and Build # to come
7.) '00 Silver Frost SVT/Penn/VIN and Build # to come
8.) '98 T-Red SVT/Indiana/VIN: Build#:835
9.) '98.5 Silver Frost SVT/Wisconsin/VIN and Build # to come
10.) '00 Tropic Green SVT/Kansas/VIN and Build # to come
11.) '00 Silver Frost SVT/Iowa/Vin: Build#:1611
12.) '98 Silver FrostSVT/Connecticut/Build#:1266
13.) '98 Silver Frost SVT/Tennessee/VIN and Build # to come

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha, just today...

burnedsvt3.jpg

the dash is completely melted, but i'll try to find the vin when i go back tomorrow. its gotta be somewhere

btw, that same yard has a 99 silverfrost svt too. i'll try to get the vin on that one as well

Pull thet front bumper off & ship it to me! I've got the rear & a sideskirt off of a T green SVT but I don't have any info on it.

98 Csvt #2228 T-Red Totalled soon to be gutted & crushed.

theres 2 in pa all stripped one 98 and 1 2000 black with custom graphic and silver both had mnb interior. the black one didnt look hit. the silver was hit on passenger side and flipped on its side

I've got the vin tag off a SF/MNB SVT that was cut into pieces after being stripped and sold for scrap. I'll post the vin up asap.

~Josh

Great guys, I appreciate it. Once we start getting most of the ones we can see first hand, I'm going to start calling the yard and tracking these down. If any one wants to lend a hand in this task it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again guys.

What year was this one Josh? I'll go ahead and get a line ready for it.
Same for yours LLADNAR.

the one in the pic is a 1998 and #1991

would it be better to have the vin or the producion #,, i would think producton # would be better right. if i get the vin from the one at my wifes work i will call and get the # for it.

This thread is very useful to keep SVT parts from being melted down, and to prevent fraud. Someone can take an old SVT VIN and put it on an SE V6, etc...

Update:

I have started e-mailing salvage yards with my request for them to send me the VIN's of ALL SVT Contours they have had. I've gotten one response from a gentleman that is reluctant to give out the VIN #'s. I can understand where he is coming from. So we should just expect to get the build # from the corresponding model year of the vehicle. I have e-mailed approximately 20 different salvage yards and I think I have around 4,500 or so to go......LOL. But we'll get there. So as I said before, if any one wants to write up an eloquent paragraph or two to start sending out to some of the yards, feel free. I have been giving the salvage yards the SVT 1-800 # so they can call and get the build # for us if they have a problem with giving out the VIN. Any other ideas are welcome and thanks again guys and gals!

I just recieved an e-mail from GreenLeaf Salvage yards. They have these two:1FAFP68G5WK226032 1FALP68G8WK153385 currently. The lady also stated that 15 SVT's have been completely scrapped in her Texas salvage yards. She is going to send me the contact information for thos yards so I can retrieve the vins if they are still available. I can't believe people are actually willing to help us do this. It's great!!

pale horse-

i have no number info on the following csvt, but i first came across it at a yard in middle tn that i frequent over 2 years ago now.

it is/was a silver frost '98, sunroof. took a heavy hit in the passenger front and all the way down the passenger side. took out some of the suspension parts/wheels. no useable passenger side panels, trunk, hood or bumpers.

has 103k miles on it- but time and the carelessness of a wreck yard have been very unkind. windows and the sunroof have been open to weather a long time. interior, whats left of it, is junk. a sad end to what once was a fine specialty car.

lakeside

Back