• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarkey y-pipe install...

1fastfucus

CEG'er
Well while doing the alternator job i decided to drop the y-pipe for easy access. This also gave me a chance to install my ceramic coated sho-shop y-pipe and gut the precats. Well after the install I realized that there is no spot for the back rear o2 sensor. The front downstream sensor is still installed in the manifold's 90* elbow.

My question is, can I just install the mil adapters I made and leave the rear back o2 sensor zip tied up and out of the way? Or does it need a reading from the exhaust to modify so the pcm sees it working?

-Rick

Well while doing the alternator job i decided to drop the y-pipe for easy access. This also gave me a chance to install my ceramic coated sho-shop y-pipe and gut the precats. Well after the install I realized that there is no spot for the back rear o2 sensor. The front downstream sensor is still installed in the manifold's 90* elbow.

My question is, can I just install the mil adapters I made and leave the rear back o2 sensor zip tied up and out of the way? Or does it need a reading from the exhaust to modify so the pcm sees it working?

-Rick

Well you can leave it hanging if you want. Its still going to give a reading that things are fine regardless of where it is at. (outside or inside the tubing)

The o2 bung on the shoshop pipes are always in the center where the cat used to be. But someone must of removed the cat and never replaced it with the same cat style converter.

Back