• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Access to SVT fog lights to replace bulbs

Ric

CEG'er
This may be a stupid question, but how do I access the fog lights to change the bulbs? I see what might be a plastic access plate below the lights under the car, but the plugs that hold it on are very difficult to remove. Concerned about breaking them so I haven't removed the plate, especially I don't want to break them if that's not how to get access to the bulbs. So is that the plate to change the bulbs & just pry the fasteners off or what is the best way to change those bulbs?!?
Thanks!

Yeah, Ric, that is how to get to them. Those clips are aggravating. I use something like a wire stripper/crimper tool to get under the edges and pry them down. They are just plastic friction pins. If you break them, you can get new ones at most auto parts stores. NAPA has a great selection.

Yeah, Ric, that is how to get to them. Those clips are aggravating. I use something like a wire stripper/crimper tool to get under the edges and pry them down. They are just plastic friction pins. If you break them, you can get new ones at most auto parts stores. NAPA has a great selection.
Or just drop the whole splash shield - I found it to be less aggravating.

Thanks, I wondered about dropping the shield. Prob should get the hi-intensity bulbs & change them both.
Thanks again

I would be mind full of what bulbs you select. Often higher wattage bulbs, and even the stock bulbs if used alot, will melt the lens.

Definitely drop the whole splash shield. I don't think those fog light access covers come off too easy without destroying what keeps them in place.

Back