• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

abs light

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
i am picking up a new car next weekend & when i was looking it over i noticed the ABS light was on. i was just wondering what are some of the things that will set it off. just so i know what to start looking into

A abs sensor will set it off. Each wheel has one attached to it. There are also a number of other things that can set it off also. You should be able to take it to a reputable brake shop and have them check it out for you.

It can also be something as simple as a broken wire. My car had an abs light when I got it . I checked all the wires carefully and discovered one of the wires leading to the rear left sensor had come loose and was rubbing on the tire. I spliced the wire together and haven't had any problems since.

ok ill look those over when i get it. im picking it up then its going str8 to my nephews garage & up on the lift so i will check those out. how will i know if the wheel sensor is bad.

Back