• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few MTX-75 Questions

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Would a 2000-2002.5 Focus MTX75 be the best trans to buy for my SVT 3.0L build

I have been reading a lot about this lately and have saw that in 2000 ford updated the MTX75 with the better shift forks/shift tower etc.

I guess my question is should I just build up my 99 MTX75 with the 2000+parts or should I find a low mileage 2000+ contour/cougar/focus trans and put it in?

If I were to go with the building up option what are the part numbers to all of the upgraded items such a the syncros and shift towers?

What is the significance of the zetec final drive ratio...can someone expand on this please? thanks

nope.

your call on the build. you might just want to build waht you have so you know what the new parts are, etc.

to expand a little on that, you cant use the Focus trans because it wont bolt up to the Duratec. the Duratec uses a different bellhousing pattern and input shaft length than the Zetec (either Contour/Mystique/Cougar or the Focus version).

The V6 had a final drive ratio of 4.06:1 which is good for acceleration (more torque multiplication), while the zetec ratio is 3.82:1, I believe, which is good for a bit lower RPM while cruising on the highway.

Back