• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 99 SVT Black/Beige 103k miles, Champaign IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

slc_svt

New CEG'er
After owning and loving my SVT for 8+ years, it's time to sell her. She's in great shape, but I no longer have the garage or tools to give her the TLC she needs in her golden years!

I'm asking $3,500 OBO (KBB party, good condition is $3,900). Price is negotiable somewhat for CEGers, but I'm not willing to take too much of a hit on her. If I can't place her with a loving CEGer somewhere, I'll simply sell her locally.

The car is located in Champaign, IL. I'm willing to drop it off in the region (e.g. Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, or St. Louis) if that's easier for potential buyers.

NOTE: pictures to come soon. It's gray and rainy here this weekend, so I'll post pics when the sun comes out again!

Here are the details:
- Black with tan interior
- Mileage: 103k
- Mostly stock, with the exception of intake/MAF (from CTA Motorsports), shift knob (simple black leather), SVT emblem replacing the Ford one on the back, and sound system (Sony Xplod CD/MP3 deck and speakers)
- I have only driven about 5k miles per year for the last 8 years. Most of that has been highway mileage
- tires and brake pads still have around 40% life
- aside from what's listed below, I've never had to replace any major parts, and she runs great
- interior is in great condition, very clean
- two new, working FOBs

Maintenance done:
- Replaced corroded exhaust pipes and mufflers at about 100k miles
- Replaced Powertrain Control Unit (computer) at about 98k miles
- Replaced stock spark plugs with Bosch platinum at about 95k miles
- Regular oil changes and other maintenance since I bought her at 60k miles
- had roof repainted about 4 years ago due to chipping/rusting
- battery swapped out a couple of times; most recently about 3 months ago, still under warranty at Autozone

TLC required:
- starting to show small chips in the paint on the hood and trunk. Should repaint before winter
- some scratching on the bottom of the front body kit (bottomed out a few too many times)
- antenna broke off and hasn't been replaced yet
- dash peel around the defrost grill
- muffler tips are corroding and need to be replaced
- cigarette lighter has not worked as long as I've owned the car
- driver side floor mat is a bit worn where my feet usually rest
- no bumper sag, but a little off-center due to a broken clip that I haven't had a chance to replace yet

Please PM me if you're interested. Like I said, price is somewhat negotiable. I have loved this car so much, I really hope she can find a good home with someone else that will appreciate her.

I was able to upload some pics, next to my neighbor's black FSVT. In the interest of full disclosure I took more pictures of what's not perfect than what is. If you want pictures of anything else specific, please let me know and I'll try to oblige.

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd414/bdoxey/SVT/

NOTE: I took the pictures in the middle of the afternoon when it finally cleared up, so some of the pictures have a lot of white lines that are optical illusions.

A couple of PMs fizzled, so she's still available. Putting it on Craigslist at the end of the week if she doesn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back