• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 99 Green SVT 90k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

csvt99

CEG'er
After nearly 11 years I'm thinking about changing vehicles. Before I trade in to a dealer I figured I check the interest levels on CEG. Car is located in south central/ eastern PA. Purchased in 2001 with 32k miles. Garage kept for past 5 years, and partially garage kept prior. Mods were completed at local inspection shop between 35 - 65k with exception of stereo. I have most of the maintenance records with exception of some oil changes that I completed myself at my family's licensed inspection station. Here is a brief list:

Engine: K&N, upgraded factory DMD. Metal water pump impellar. Synthetic Oil.
Suspension: BAT/ Bilstein kit, BAT rear sway bar with replaced bushings and brackets. New front control arms at ~65k.
Wheels: 17" Rage 5.0
Tires: TigerPaw GTZ 215/45ZR17 w/ 3-5k miles.
Exhaust: Borla cat-back and modified factory y-pipe.
Transmission: B&M short throw. Fluid changed 2x in 60k miles.
Exterior: Door ding guards removed.

Stereo: Eclipse 4502 Head Unit with 8 CD changer
Speakers: MB Quart PSD 213 (5.25" w/ tweeter) and Crossovers in Front. Kenwood 5x7 in rear. 10" MB Quart PWD 254 Sub with Element Enclosure.
Amps: Zapco AG 350 100x2 on fronts (Suspended from rear trunk deck so it is out of way). Alpine 50x2 on rears under passenger seat. Zapco Studio 100x on Sub (fits in left indent in trunk, out of way).
EQ: Audio Control, located in carpeted box in trunk corner.

To be noted: There is a small amount of rust on the bottom of the drivers side door. It's been there for about 2 years but is not getting worse. I took it to a reputable body shop and they said it could be fixed without replacing the door. This is the only spot of rust on the car. My mechanic said water must have gotten in there somehow.

Also there is a spot on the right side of the front bumper where about paint has chipped off. It's about the size of a dime or so, it could be fixed without painting the front bumper, but if you are a perfectionist you might want to repaint the front bumper. The rear bumper was replaced by a Ford/ Lincoln Dealership in 2002 after someone bumped into me in stop and go traffic. You could hardly see it was bent, but I had it replaced anyway.

Car is a real solid driver, I would put it up against my dad's 07 GT500 or 06 Lexus IS 350 any day from a handling perspective. To be honest it drives better now then when I purchased it in 2001 with factory warranty (32k miles).

Right now I'm hoping for $3,500 - 4,500.

Attachments

• svt..jpg
    svt..jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm looking to get an offer somewhere around that range. At this point the car comes with all mods. I don't feel like pulling parts, and even if I did it would be a shame to do so. I guess I could take out the stereo, but I don't plan on installing it in another vehicle so it is staying. I actually thought about keeping the car and storing it in one of my dad's spare garages just so I could listen to the stereo every now and again. It's made me cry several times.

Here are some additional photos.

http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t490/csvt99/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ16

I'm not sure if or how soon I will be trading. At the earliest it would be this weekend but the deal would have to be right and I would have to find the right vehicle to purchase as well.

Thanks for the interest.

$2800 is too low based on my current situation right now. Used car prices are extremely high around here and I think I can get at least that for a trade in and then I'll save a couple hundred on taxes as well. Thank you for the offer though and I will definately keep it in mind, especially if I purchase a used vehicle from a private owner.

I was hoping to have another vehicle by now but things haven't gone as planned. There was a death in my family (expected) this week which has put my car search on hold for a week or so.

Thank you for the interest

I made copies of all the service records I could find along with additional information on the modifications. If you would like to see them please shoot me a PM and I can send them to you.

I test drove an 08 escape today and they offered me $3,500 for a trade in. The first thing the sales person said after they appraised it was "you've got a great car there". I'm still having a hard time convincing myself to shell out a bunch of cash for a newer vehicle with similar miles, worse condition and far worse road manors that the contour. However the contour isn't a very friendly car to an outdoorsman as myself when it comes to ground clearance.

I still haven't sold it but it is in the works. The 08 escape didn't work out but I'm looking at some other crv's and escapes. I have a potential buyer that would like to purchase next week, so if anyone is still interested let me know.

Thanks

I sold the car about 2 weeks ago. Timing was perfect as I had a buyer lined up for the car and was offered a 1 owner escape for a good deal the same day. Thanks for the interested everyone. Very sad to see it go, but I'm glad someone else will get to enjoy it as much as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back