• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'96 contour fuses 1-3 wire reconnections?

thoughtso

New CEG'er
Haven't been able to find anything on the forum that solves this issue, so here goes...

In the power distribution box, I removed fuses 1-3 for testing and didn't realize the screws can be left on to remove the fuses. So I disconnected all 5 red wires along with the T-connector busbar and didn't really pay attention to where each was connected. I'm pretty sure of how to reconnect them, but I'd rather be certain before I do it.
IMG_1441.JPG
Based on the fuse/relay diagram, touch-tracing underneath the box, and this wiring schematic:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fuse box schematic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	1826762
...I think this is how a kindergartener would draw the proper reconnection:

Click image for larger version  Name:	fuse box schematic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	1826762
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Only thing is, I could swear the t-connector went between the fuse block and the 2 left (hi speed fan & heater blower) wires, based on this pic I took when I first disconnected:
fetch

But I may have jostled it around and repositioned it in that pic without realizing.

Anyhow, I would really appreciate confirmation if anyone can. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back