• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5 Spoke vs EAP FSVT wheels.

5 Spoke vs EAP FSVT wheels.

• 5-spoke.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • EAP.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Smokinjoe

Hard-core CEG'er
I've been trying to decide between these two wheels for the last few months. I've leaned both ways in the past, and currently, I'm leaning towards the EAP wheels. I think the contrasting dark argent wheels look great against the silver frost.

What do you guys think, 5-spoke, or EAP?

5-spoke
100_1314.jpg

EAP
026.jpg

008.jpg

EAP's look good on a Silfro... you could be like me and buy the black versions like I did :laugh: To me the stock Focus wheels look to similar to the stock wheels and I wanted something different for mine.

Shannon

Decisions, decisions. One day I'm leaning one way, the other day I'm leaning the other. If I have to buy new, which I would like to avoid, I'd probably go with the EAP's being as they are less expensive. However there seem to be more 5-spoke in the classifieds than Euros.

I recently missed a set of 5-spokes on Craigslist by one day. She was asking $350. Not a bad deal for rims and tires with 75% tread.

I've got both sets. Personally I like the 5 spokes better, I think the EAP's need a spacer to look right on our cars. Both do look good though

EAP for sure. I have never really liked the 5 spoke FSVT wheels. Even less when they're on Silver Frost.

Sorry for going off topic a little bit, but does anyone have any more pictures of Silver Frost with EAP? I plan on picking up a set in the spring for my girlfriend's SVT but I'm trying to get more of a visual of what it will look like. Maybe some brighter pictures and with stock suspension (unless that is stock?).

I've got both sets. Personally I like the 5 spokes better, I think the EAP's need a spacer to look right on our cars. Both do look good though

I've never have a set of aftermarket wheels on a car before so please forgive me but spacers are an easy, inexpensive thing to add to a set of wheels correct?

Spacers are not actually "needed". They just improve the look of the wheels on the car as the offset of FSVT wheels is not very aggressive. They are only a 49mm offset and to fill the wheel wells a little bit better, around a 42mm would be ideal.

EAP for sure. I have never really liked the 5 spoke FSVT wheels. Even less when they're on Silver Frost.

Sorry for going off topic a little bit, but does anyone have any more pictures of Silver Frost with EAP? I plan on picking up a set in the spring for my girlfriend's SVT but I'm trying to get more of a visual of what it will look like. Maybe some brighter pictures and with stock suspension (unless that is stock?).

I'll put up a few of mine for you. They're the black Ford Racing versions but you'll get an idea at least. These pics are when it was on 100% stock suspension... I've since replaced that with a Koni Sport kit with the 40mm lowering springs. I need to get some updated pics of it :laugh:

5725757234_ba405b67d5_b.jpg

5725756316_827eba02c7_b.jpg

5725197749_a959e3f6f9_b.jpg

5725754890_f197d6783e_b.jpg

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Shannon

Thanks! Her car is stock and identical but with a factory spoiler. This gives me a good idea of how it will look after the wheels.

Personally I don't care for dark wheels on Silver cars. So I will always vote 5 spokes for a Silver SVT.

5 spokes look stock, EAPs will get far more attention if that's your thing.

2.jpg

5 spokes look stock, EAPs will get far more attention if that's your thing.

I have to agree. My EAP's are my new winter wheels and I have only had them on for a week and have already had numerous people comment on how good they look. Never had that with the 5 spokes.

Back