• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Turbo dyno

did you swap that motor in, or did it come with it?

what other modifications did you have to make to the car other than the turbo...you know, so it didn't blow up?

I'm pretty sure the 2jz is the supra motor right?

man thats the setup I was thinking about going withif I boughta gs300. around how much did it cost for the set-up?

It feels pretty good. It's the automatic trans that I am not thrilled with. This is a daily driver so it's good in that respect, but I still prefer to row my own gears. The part that I really dislike is that the ECU pulls a ton of timing right before shifts as you can see. As a total package it's great having a rear wheel drive 3L turbo in the shell of a Lexus. Stazi went for a ride in it while he was here while the power was still at the 12psi level in the chart.

glad to see you have the car running strong Chris. I bet it drives good too and definitly built better than your other car. I will say you have a great sleeper car too. I bet it feels fast because you can actually feel all the power it gives you unlike the FWD we face. I really see why you went that direction you went in changing vehicles but I must say I am glad you didn't give up the car modding guess it is in your blood too. Thanks for hanging around with us still even though you are troll......lol ....... wish you luck chris with the car.....

I went the direction that I did because I didn't feel there was too much further I could go in the Contour. I would have kept that 5sp SC300 that I swapped but the two doors just wasn't practical with a family. This is the best compromise I could come up with for under 15k budget including the car.

Back