• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Tuning?

Teebs

CEG'er
Where did everyone get their tuning done for their 3Ls? I'm in Niagara Falls area and just bought a second Cougar with a blown motor. I know Nautalis is an option, but has anyone done any dyno tuning? I'm just wondering what the cheapest method is... An xcal will set me back 300 plus 280 for the tune, and apparently Nautalis isn't the quickest either from what ive heard...

All my 3L tunes have been done by members on here, and with an Xcal. You need an Xcal anyways so you might as well buy one, unless you plan on using some sort of full tuning system (emanage, etc) which is pricey and not really worth it anyways

How much should I be setting aside for a tune? I figure the tune itself will be fairly basic. It'll be a straight 3L swap, the only thing the car has done to it is a short ram and exhaust...

Ok so a full 3L. Then yeah, you will need a tune for it to run at all...tunes can vary in price depending where you get it from. Either way you will need the xcal so if no one can make a base tune for you then nautilus is probably the easiest route

Back