• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Swap in my Cougar.

Maverickflyer

CEG'er
So I started the 3L swap on my Cougar. I hope to have it running this week.

Here are the details on the Drive train going in my car:

Motor

'02 Ford Taurus 3.0L Duratec' Ported & matched heads, Clevite rod bearings, new rod bolts & head bolts, New gaskets, 5L8Z-oil pan revision, SVT Contour LIM & 19lb injectors, SVT Max Extrude-Honed UIM, Ported & optimixed 65mm TB, 3" intake with Stock MAF, Oil catch-can, removed EGR, MSDS Xtreme coated shorty headers, Tru-Bendz Y-pipe, Tru-Bendz 2.5" tubing with Borla center muffler, Magnaflow rear resonators and tips, SVT Radiator

Trans:

Rebuilt by Terry Haines, fitted with new shift forks,
Quife ATB Differential
Spec Stage 3+ clutch

Out with the old one.

DSC05007.jpg

New Spec 3+ Clutch installed on the 3L.

DSC04989.jpg

I'm going to drop the 3L back in Monday and hopefully have it Running on Tuesday.

DSC05009.jpg

Well it's in and running but I had one problem. The SCT chip wouldn't work. It wasn't getting fuel. As soon as I pulled the chip it started right up. Not sure where to go to get it fixed??? :cry:

Tim is Cobranet on the LAMC. He's an authorized SCT tuner (customtuned.com). You can talk to him on the LAMC. I know he played with mine and I didn't have any issues. We ran a few different programs through my 2.5. Also, he has dyno access so you can get some dyno tunes in.

Tim is Cobranet on the LAMC. He's an authorized SCT tuner (customtuned.com). You can talk to him on the LAMC. I know he played with mine and I didn't have any issues. We ran a few different programs through my 2.5. Also, he has dyno access so you can get some dyno tunes in.

Interesting, I might have to talk to him. Mike and me both want to dyno tune. Jason might be able to get me in at his work for tuning so I'm waiting to hear back from him.

It's basically the same thing as the Contour swap. It's been done quite a few times. Basically anything you can do to a Contour you can do to a Cougar.

There are at least 3 other 3L Cougars in Southern Ontario.

No i just have to work out a few bugs.

Interesting, I might have to talk to him. Mike and me both want to dyno tune. Jason might be able to get me in at his work for tuning so I'm waiting to hear back from him.

I definitely think my car will benefit from some dyno time. Let me know what you find out!

So the new 3L made to Indianapolis and back for CougarFest. Other than my Temperature gauge giving me the wrong reading it went pretty well.

Here are a couple pics of mine and Mikes car.

600x450.aspx

600x450.aspx

600x450.aspx

Back