• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L IMRC hookup pic

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
i was told by a few people here that i can hook up a spring to the cable of the IMRC to make it think it is opening & closing so that way it will turn off the CEL. does any1 have a picture of what i would need to connect a spring to or that can give me a run down of what i would need to do to hook it up.

ya i know but rite now i dont have the $ for a tune. i was laid off for a yr & a half then i finally went back to work for a month then got injured. so ive been off again for over a month now & dont know when im gonna be going back. so funds are a little tite @ the moment. but when i can afford i will get it done.

There isn't a specific documented way people do this. You essentially need to get a medium strength spring from ACE mount it anywhere in the engine bay. Run the IMRC cable to that location and attach it to the other end of the spring. That way when the IMRC activates, it pulls on the spring, when the IMRC deactivates the spring tension pulls the cable back, thus simulating the open/close of the secondaries.

ya i used a spring that i have. i hooked it up & reset the light but it came back on after a few min. im thinking its not tight enough. i pulled on it & it pulled the cable back . maybe i need to try to give it more tension on it.
IMAG0176.jpg

Back