• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

245/45/17's

xr4ti85

CEG'er
Ive been looking through different tire sizes everyone is using and see people say 245's wont fit
well here is 245/45/17's off an svt contour on my cougar and only issue was rubbed when going over big bumps on fender lip. If were to roll them and also run a 40 series tire shouldve been fine.
Now this was stock suspension
20080807_00.jpg
[/IMG]
20080807_03.jpg
[/IMG]

and once i need tires again and get wheels refinished going back to 245/40/17's

When going over 225/45/17 wheel offsets, suspension, and other factors come into play on whether you will have rubbing. That's probably why people don't recommend them.

Yea i understand that as i worked in a tire shop for 3 years. Just stating that it can be done.
I see alot of people say it will not fit at all. And my svt was driven for 2 years with them.
Those tires were conti extreme contacts and were a 45 series which with a 40 series wouldve eliminated the rubbing on the
rubbing on the rear fender lips.

There was no issues with the front. Not sure on what backspacing these wheels even are.

The rim was 7.5" but not sure on backspacing next time i have them off ill measure them.

The wheel should have the offset number on the back of one of the spokes, I would be interested to know as well.

Back