• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2005 taurus engine for my swap

Good luck! I hope it works out for you. You might need to get a little creative because of which plug it is. Mine was the driver side rear plug, it was a little tough to see but in the end it worked out.

yeah, mines middle rear...lol, figures.. should be a good one ;) hehe

first thing Ive really 'had' to do to this car since I got it, cept for the stereo install, only had the car about 4 or 5 months though

ugh... yea that wont be easy. Good luck with the fix. Also keep looking for Escape motors... mine was $400 with 38k IIRC. LKQ has warehouses all over the place and can ship from warehouse to warehouse for pretty cheap. I'd suggest searching their inventory to see if there is something they can work with you on.

There isn't a Escape motor under $1k with decent mileage in the entire US listed on car-parts.com (includes LKQ engines).

Junkyards think that motor is special for some reason.

Make certain that BOTH valves are closed before rethreading

Make certain that BOTH valves are closed before rethreading

To repair a spark plug hole make absolutely certain that both intake and exhaust valves are closed, you DON'T want to run into them with the tap. That would be a very bad thing.

Use grease on the tap and after you are done, put a long metal tube on your air gun feed it into the spark plug hole and blow out any remaining chips. No a vacuum won't work!

To repair a spark plug hole make absolutely certain that both intake and exhaust valves are closed, you DON'T want to run into them with the tap. That would be a very bad thing.

Use grease on the tap and after you are done, put a long metal tube on your air gun feed it into the spark plug hole and blow out any remaining chips. No a vacuum won't work!

thanx for the the tips, never done this before ;) I was planning on using greese on the tap to catch any metal that it can, and def going to be be blowig the air in there.

Back